Temporary (6 -9 months)
£22k to £27k dependable upon experience
Bond are delighted to be working in partnership with their client, a market leader in wholesale foods. They are seeking to recruit a Full time Temporary assistant accountant to work in their busy finance department.
As assistant accountant you will report to the financial controller and assist with duties such as prepayments, stock review and bank reconciliations. This is an excellent opportunity for a part qualified accountant to gain expose to the industry within this highly successful company.
As assistant account your main duties will be;
To assist in month end close process, including areas such as:
- Journal entries
- Stock review
- Fixed assets register
- Bank reconciliations
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- P&L Analysis
- Assistance in completion of month end pack
Assist with external and internal audit, including areas such as:
- Preparation of lead schedules
- Audit file backup collation
- Liaison with auditors
- Daily & Weekly reporting
- VAT returns
- Completion of monthly intrastate
Ideally you will be a Part Qualified / Qualified Accountant or Qualified by Experience (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) and will possess;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as an Assistant Accountant
- Strong reporting skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Keen to learn, develop, and go the extra mile
- Advanced excel skills e.g. use of pivot tables etc.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines & planning/prioritizing work-load
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to changing business needs
- Possess excellent IT skills with experience in using computerized accounting systems
For more information please submit your most up to date CV and one of the team will be in contact.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.