Full time Temporary
We are working on behalf of our public sector client to recruit for an experienced accountant who will work alongside the head accountant to help forecast, budget and positively influence the department. With your experience you will participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial accounting systems and processes to meet the objectives of the post and the wider Finance Directorate. Albeit a temporary position there are opportunities for extension within this role.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and based at their offices in Belfast
Duties of this post;
- Assisting in providing a key contribution to the efficient, effective and economic use of the financial allocations for commissioning of health and social care to ensure the best possible use of the budget allocated for health and social care;
- Assisting in providing a key contribution to the development of local policy for the HSCB financial strategy and financial planning in the short, medium and long term.
- Assisting in providing a key contribution to the significant aspects of the development of local approaches to changing Local/National Policy as it relates to financial issues. This will include working with Department of Health (DoH) colleagues and also across Health and Social Care (HSC).
- Assisting in the provision of the financial systems to facilitate efficient and effective financial management of the HSCB’s resources.
- Working with Senior Key Finance staff in a range of organisations and the HSCB/PHA team to ensure delivery of the planned financial position each year. This will be achieved through financial performance management of HSC organisations and a rigorous approach to all possible financial flexibilities.
- Provision of financial advice on significant business cases across the region for the provision of infrastructure.
- Assisting in providing a key contribution on significant aspects of the performance management arrangements in respect of revenue and capital across the HSC to support the operational and strategic objectives of the HSCB and PHA.
- Providing leadership to own team within the Finance Directorate.
- Full membership of one of the 5 CCAB recognised professional accounting bodies or membership of CIMA
- 3 years’ experience in a Finance Department to include 2 years supervisory/staff management experience.
- Evidence of a commitment to continuous professional development.
- Ability to analyse highly complex data and communicate effectively.
For more information please click 'apply' now.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.