Full time Temporary
We are working on behalf of our client to recruit for an experienced accountant who will work alongside the head accountant to help forecast, budget and positively influence the department. With your experience you will participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial accounting systems and processes to meet the objectives of the post and the wider Finance Directorate. Albeit a temporary position there are opportunities for extension within this role.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and based at their offices in Ballymena.
Main Duties of this post are;
- Undertake the production and analysis of the financial aspects of business cases providing expert financial information and advice accordingly.
- Represent the Finance directorate on capital development projects assisting with the financial planning through business cases using appropriate accounting techniques and in accordance with NIGEAE (N. Ireland Guide to Expenditure Appraisal and Evaluation).
- Support local and regional groups and projects through providing financial analysis and financial performance information.
- Provide support to the Head Accountant in ensuring that financial planning in the organisation is continuously developed, robust, timely and accurate.
- Provide support to the Head Accountant in preparing Efficiency, Contingency and Recovery Plans when required.
- Carry out a supporting role in the benchmarking processes and exercises adopted by the department.
- Provide support to work and monitoring required by HSC commissioning bodies through financial analysis and financial performance information.
- Provide financial support to the other Directorates, services and in particular the Strategic Planning and Modernisation Department.
- Provide support to the Head Accountant for cash releasing and non-cash releasing (productivity) efficiencies.
- Represent the Finance directorate in SBA (service and budget agreement) and SLA (service level agreement) negotiations and reviews including evaluation of the financial implications and aspects.
- Assist with the provision of expert analysis, interpretation and evaluation of financial and non-financial data.
- Provide high quality advice and assist in the provision of training for managers in relation to the Trust’s financial planning objectives.
- Assist with special exercises, reviews, investigations and appraisals as required.
- Liaise with directors, clinicians and professional managers in the discharge of duties and responsibilities.
Criteria and experience essential for this post;
- Full membership of one of the five professional accounting institutes within the CCAB or CIMA
- Minimum of 1 years experience
- Driving licence
- Ability to negotiate with staff at senior levels both inernal and external.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
For more information on this post and also on how the recent outbreak of Covid 19 may impact working arrangements please send your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.